Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm proud of my students, are you proud of yours?

This is about a third of my seniors. On Monday we went to BAE Systems here in Jacksonville, which is a manufacturer of law enforcement and forensic supplies. I always worry a little about taking my students out in public, but they continue to surprise me. The hosts at BAE were raving about how intelligent and well-spoken our students were. They also agreed to be a business partner.

I wonder, as I look out at my senior class, how many of them would be going to college if they did not enter into our program. I'm sure a lot of them still would, but because of us and what we do, they all will. I've seen the change in them, especially this year. We had an interview workshop that required them to dress up. Most of them grumbled at first, but I found out that they enjoyed the attention the other students gave them. They voted to have "Dress for Success" Thursdays every week.

I guess that's why we do it.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment